The old Gothic church of Ville, consecrated in 1428 and dedicated to San Nicolò is now a private home. The church of San Floriano in Valternigo still maintains its original sixteenth century appearance. Since 1958, every autumn before the wine harvest Verla di Giovo celebrates with a festival, almost as if it were a propitiatory rite before the harvesting. The festival is one of the most famous in the whole of Trentino and every year attracts thousands of people. The feast involves the whole town and offers numerous entertainments. The most popular and spectacular feature is the procession of magnificent floats, built and decorated with enormous care and imagination by the locals, representing the grapes and vines, symbol of the whole valley. During the summer, usually in August, there is the chance to go cycling with Francesco Moser in the traditional event "Ritrovarsi con Francesco". The route starts at Gardolo di Trento, finishing at Palu' di Giovo.
Giovo is made up of 8 villages, all situated on glacial terraces in extremely sunny positions, covering an area of almost 21 square kilometres. Verla is the administrative seat of the municipality and Masén the main tourist location. Apparently Giovo derives from the Latin "luvum" or "Zuvum" which means "mountain pass".
In 2001 the population was 2,433. Like the other municipalities situated on the middle and lower slopes of the Valle di Cembra, wine growing dominates in Giovo. Here too the vines are cultivated on steep, sunny terraces, sloping down to the Avisio. For centuries man has made tremendous sacrifices in order to mould this unique landscape, transforming the steep inclines, sloping down to the crashing torrent below, into numerous gently descending terraces, supported by miles of dry stone walls. The grapes which grow on these terraces, needless to say, produce excellent wine. One of Ville di Giovo's most interesting historical buildings is the tower in the Rosa Castle, which dates back to the thirteenth/fourteenth centuries and was recently restored. Once belonging to the aristocratic Giovo family, the castle takes its name from their coat of arms which portrayed a rose. The nearby building and farmhouse are also fourteenth century. The little church of San Giorgio in Palù has been documented since the thirteenth century. It's a fine building in the Gothic style. Not far away stands a small dwelling where once a hermit lived.